Teachers

Doctors - persons licensed to practice medicine
Engineers - people trained and skilled in the design, construction and use of engines or machines, or in any various branches of engineering
Nurses - people formally educated and trained in the care of the sick or infirm
Policemen - those member of a police force or body
Businessmen - men regularly employed in businesses
Priests - people whose office is to perform religious rites and especially to make sacrificial offerings
Politicians - persons active in party politics
[reference: http://www.dictionary.com/]

These are just few of the many groups of people who are important in our daily living. Imagine life without them. Will our lives be the same? Will Earth still be the planet where life exists? I guess the answer to both questions is no. We can't imagine life without these people. Life may cease to exist without them. We may not admit it, but most of us depend on these people. Medical patients depend on doctors and nurses. For us to be able to make work easier we depend on engineers. For safety and security, the policemen are there for us. For spiritual guidance, priests are there to listen to us. We can think and enumerate a lot more professions and groups of people who we depend on. But most of the times, we tend to forget the most important people there is, the people responsible for giving us those we depend on, the people who are behind the glory of those we esteem, the people we call our TEACHERS.

Teaching is the profession that teaches all other professions. Without teachers, there will be no doctors, engineers, priests, and businessmen. Without teachers, a child may be at lost early in their lives. Without teachers we may not become the persons we are right now.

Teachers are there to educate us, to mold us into becoming the doctors, the engineers, the businessmen that the world needs. But have you thought of the most important role a teacher plays in our lives? A teacher INSPIRES us - inspires us to learn, inspires us to do the things we want to do, inspires us to become the persons we are right now.

Unlike doctors, engineers and most workers, teachers do not instantly reap the fruit of their labor. They need to patiently wait, more or less, 20 years before they see what they have worked for. But having to know that they have inspired even a single individual to become a good and responsible person makes the waiting worth it.

In my opinion, teaching is the noblest of all jobs! And with what our teachers sacrifice in order for us to have the best quality of education that we can have, I regard teaching not as a profession but as a DEVOTION!

It is in our practice that we give a special day to tribute the important people in our lives. We have Mothers' Day, Fathers' Day, Valentine's Day for our loved ones, and more special days marked in our calendars. Today, October 5th, as declared by UNESCO, we pay tribute to the unsung heroes of every generation. Today, we pay tribute to our beloved teachers. Today, we celebrate World Teachers' Day.

Let us all say our thanks to our teachers for the inspiration they have given us. Let us thank them for being our second parents. Let us thank them for all that they have provided us. But what is more important is to remember them not only in this day, but in the other 364 as well.

I am very much thankful to have crossed paths with great teachers. I have gained a lot from them. I am very much lucky to have met people who have shaped me into the person I am right now. But I feel very much blessed because God did not only give me a mother, He also provided me a life-long teacher of my own - Mom!

My mom may have chosen to work for a higher-earning job, but she did and still continue to devote herself in giving inspiration to students. Back then, when I hear her previous students brag about what they have become every time we meet them, until now when I hear the testimonials her students and other people give her, makes me always say: "That's my mom!". I am very proud of my mother because she has not just raised an only child, but she has as well raised thousands of other children and made them the persons they are now.

I may have a lot of teachers during my school days, but Mom, you will always be the best teacher I ever have. Happy Teachers' Day Mom!

--------------------oOo--------------------

I guess this is it for now. Thank you all for sharing another of your time with me. 'til my next one!

Teach on!
~Lyndon Jason

Author : Lyndon Jason ~ The Webmaster

The article "Teachers" was published on Oct 5, 2010. For comments, suggestions, or anything that you want to tell the author, feel free to use the various media on the sidebar "Follow Lyndon Speaks". Thank you and may you always have a good day!